Tuesday, August 22, 2006



Ok all, lets see if if im doing this right!

My name is Steph. I’m close enough to 25 to say I’m 25, married with 2 cats and a house in my home town (Madison).

The Past week or so has been like re-living a past life all over again. I was a day student at AMC from 2000-2002. I had to take a brake but hear I am back to the grind stone.... I am taking 3 classes this Mod. A science class, a history class and this Art class... can you guess what one is guna be my fave??? LOL

Any way, to start off I thought I would share one of my absolute favorite it pictures for one of my favorite artists. Although you true enthusiast will laugh at me because of his commerciality, I adore Thomas Kinkade. The way that he makes things glow as if full of Christmas lights amazes me. I can stare at any of his work for hours.

I also thought I should show you a pic of me as well. The one I chose is of my sister Kelsey and I . She is 16 and going to be a Jr at Guilford High next year. We are very close

Good luck to all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

hi Stephanie... thanks for posting the link to your blog I added a link on the class blog to it. Looking forward to see how you do with your writing...

Since the light in a Kinkade painting is so appealing to you, you should look at the work of British landscape artist's in the 18th and 19th centuries found that the British art museum... now there's the real stuff.

12:04 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Hi Stephanie, Good luck with the 3 classes. Wow, that's a lot and with a baby too..... I love Thomas Kinkade myself. I am drawn to his paintings by the light and pastels. Did you know that he is called "Thomas Kinkade, painter of light" which is his trademark. Also many of his pictures have bible chapter and verse allusions to some passages. I still love his art even though it is very commercialized. I think I'll look at British landscape artist's work in the
18th and 19th century as Jerry suggested.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Ron L. said...

HI Stephanie, welcome to the class. Thank you for sharing the picture and the artist. I look forward to seeing his work when I visit the British art museum in the next one or so.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home